Below are some resources to help you begin planning travel to Washington DC for the 63rd Annual Meeting. Please note; policies on travel are subject to change based on the CDC, Federal and Local Government.
Before booking Travel:
- Check to be sure registration is still open for the 63rd Annual Meeting in-person event. Registration spaces are limited to ensure a safe socially distanced in person experience. Please check the registration site for the waitlist process if registration is closed. All participants must register in advance. NCURA will not be hosting onsite registration for this year's conference.
- Check the DC Mayors office travel guidelines, to review Washington, DC's Travel policies visit here.
- Check Travel Restrictions in Washington using the CDC Travel Planner linked here.
After Booking Travel/Before You Arrive:
- Review the CDC Guidelines on Travel. There are two different guidelines for those that are vaccinated and those who are unvaccinated.
- Visit your origin Airport website for travel guidelines specific to your location.
- Visit your airline's website for specific information on their travel guidelines.
- When planning ground transportation; visit the CDC guidelines and your arrival airport options. There may be some restrictions on ride share such as Uber Pool.
- For the latest information on all things Washington, DC please click here.
Before registering for the 63rd Annual Meeting or booking travel please visit the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) & the US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs. These sites will provide information on travel policies and requirements based on your origin of travel.
The requirements for travel to the United States are in flux. The links below can connect you to the latest US Government Visa information. We urge everyone that requires a Visa to travel to the US to apply for the Visa as early as possible. Please read the following information carefully.
Click here for information on Temporary Visas to participate in a meeting or other temporary travel to the United States.
If you require a letter of invitation for your visa application, please submit a request for a letter of invitation to Claire Chen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Invitation letters will only be issued once your registration and payment have been completed. Invitation letters will be sent by email.
Please provide the following information in your request:
- Your full name
- Title (Dr, Professor, Mr., Mrs., Ms., etc.)
- Job Title
- Full mailing address
- Telephone and Fax numbers
- Email Address
- Additional information such as if you are presenting at the Conference.
- We cannot provide visa letters for spouses or guests.
Click here for a description from U.S. Customs and Border Protection of the process for entering the United States.
For any travel related questions, please contact, Stephanie McJury, email@example.com.