NCURA Wellness & Safety Plan
NCURA's Wellness and Safety Plan will evolve as Local and Federal Guidelines evolve in the coming weeks and months. Your NCURA team will be reviewing the latest information each week. Please check back for important updates and the latest information!
NCURA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all of our in-person attendees, presenters, sponsors, and vendors as we RECONNECT at the 63rd Annual Meeting in Washington, DC. Please read below some of the precautions & polices we are implementing at this year's conference based on sources such as CDC and the District of Columbia.
The number of participants for NCURA's 63rd Annual Meeting will evolve with the most up-to-date health and wellness guidelines. We will ensure the appropriate social distancing in each of the meeting rooms based on the percentage of U.S. citizens (ages 18 and up) that are fully vaccinated. We will also be hosting a Virtual Annual Meeting for those unable to travel this year. Click Here for more information.
- All participants must register in advance. NCURA will not be hosting onsite registration for this year's conference.
- Flexible registration options: Should you need to cancel and/or transfer your registration, please click here for NCURA's updated cancellation policies special for this year's conference.
At the Conference
- We are incorporating guidelines from sources such as the CDC and the District of Columbia. Masks will be required indoors in D.C. for all people over 2 starting Saturday, July 31, regardless of vaccination status. NCURA's mask policies will be finalized in August before the meeting, based on the guidelines which are continuing to evolve. Participants will be notified
- All participants will check in for a daily health screening prior to entering the meeting rooms.
- All meeting rooms will have a capacity limit to allow for social distancing. To ensure the health and well being of all participants, standing in the back of the room, sitting on the floor of a meeting room, moving chairs or bringing chairs from other locations into a meeting room will not be an option. Registrants of the live meeting will receive access to the on-demand virtual program, with over 100 sessions, for free!
- Increased Signage and Floor Decals: Throughout the hotel and meeting space, there will be reminders of safe practices and guidelines.
- To limit touch points and decrease lines; your registration materials will be provided at registration in a registration pouch.
- NCURA will provide participants with an optional way to indicate their preference for social distancing that will signal if they are ready for: handshakes and hugs (green), elbow bumps (yellow), or request for 6 ft social distancing (red).
- There will be hand sanitizing stations through out the meeting space and hotel.
In Person Presenters
Presenters will not need to wear masks while presenting. Below are the protocols that the hotel, NCURA and the AV company are taking to ensure the safety of the presenters and participants:
- The head table will be setup socially distanced between presenters.
- The head table will be setup socially distanced from the participants.
- Each presenter will have their own microphone in the meeting room.
- High touchpoints will be cleaned between sessions.
- Hilton is encouraging all guests to download the Hilton Honors app to access contactless check in, allowing guests to skip the front desk check in process. For more information on contactless check in click here.
- Hilton has implemented Hilton CleanStay to improve upon their already rigorous cleaning policies, to ensure all guests are comfortable when back to staying in their hotels. Please visit Hilton CleanStay for more information on the cleaning process from guestrooms to public space.
The most effective safeguard we have is respect for the health and well-being of others. We politely ask that all participants be considerate toward others by adhering to all requirements for in-person attendance. Your compliance will help foster a safe environment and ensure an enjoyable RECONNECTION for our NCURA family!
Questions? Contact Stephanie McJury, Director, Meetings & Conferences, NCURA (202) 466-3894, firstname.lastname@example.org