City Safety and Security Tips
As in any metropolitan area, please be mindful of your surroundings. Below are some tips and recommendations for traveling in major cities.
Conference Hotel Address
1919 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20009
In the case of a medical emergency: Dial 911
Street/Travel Safety Information:
- When departing your hotel room, lock up valuables in a safe or safety deposit box.
- Do not carry your passport with you once you arrive. Lock up your passport in a hotel safe. If you would like to have identification on you, make a copy of your passport.
- Do not bring all your cash with you when you leave the hotel. Consider locking a portion in the hotel sleeping room safe or a safety deposit box.
- Provide your itinerary to someone back at home/office.
- When departing the hotel in the evening, place your conference badge in your purse or pocket.
- Walk on well-lit and populated streets.
- Avoid street solicitors and do not feel inclined to provide monetary fund. Feel comfortable saying "no".
- When carrying a purse, ensure it is being carried securely under your arm.
Hotel Safety Information:
- Never leave your door ajar when stepping out of your hotel room.
- Never write your hotel room number on your hotel key.
- Do not answer the door without checking the peephole and asking who is there.
- Evaluate the nearest exit from your hotel room and in conference meeting rooms.
- Identify the nearest fire extinguishers on your hotel floor and in the meeting space.
- While attending the NCURA conference or conference related events, please wear your name badge at all times. Should you lose your badge, inform the NCURA registration desk immediately.
- Do not allow anyone access to use your name badge at any time.
- Should you find a name badge, return it to NCURA’s registration desk.
- Fill out the emergency information on the back of your name badge.
- Report any suspicious activity to hotel security, hotel management or an NCURA representative.