Safety/Security Tips for Conference Attendees
Enhance your experience at the 14th Annual Pre-Award Research Administration Conference, by staying safe.
Below are some tips and recommendations while traveling and during your stay.
Conference Center Address:
Puerto Rico Convention Center
100 Bulevar Saint John
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00907
In the case of a true medical emergency:
Dial 76911 from a Hotel house phone
Dial 911 from your cell phone
- When leaving your hotel room, lock up valuables in safe or safety deposit box.
- Do not carry your passport with you once you arrive. Lock up your passport in hotel safe. If you would like to have identification on you, make a copy of your passport.
- Do not bring all your cash with you when you leave the hotel. Consider locking a portion in the hotel sleeping room safe or a safety deposit box.
- Provide your itinerary to someone back at home/office.
- When leaving the hotel in the evening, place your conference badge in your purse or pocket. Leave your conference bag in your hotel room until you depart.
- Walk on well-lit and populated streets.
- Avoid street solicitors and do not feel inclined to provide monetary fund. Feel comfortable saying "no."
- When carrying a purse, ensure it is being carried securely under your arm.
- Never leave your door ajar when stepping out of your hotel room.
- Never write your hotel room number on your hotel key.
- Do not answer the door without checking the peephole and asking who is there.
- Evaluate the nearest exit from your hotel room and in conference meeting rooms.
- Identify the nearest fire extinguishers on your hotel floor and in the meeting space.
- While attending the NCURA conference or conference related events, please wear your name badge at all times. Should you lose your badge, inform the NCURA registration desk immediately.
- Do not allow anyone access to use your name badge at any time.
- Should you find a name badge, return it to NCURA’s registration desk.
- Fill out the emergency information on the back of your name badge.
- Report any suspicious activity to hotel security, hotel management or an NCURA representative.