Home | About Us | Regions | Sponsors | Career Center | Collaborate
The NCURA Global Fellowship program is a joint initiative between NCURA and our global sister research administration societies. The Fellowship program has two underlying objectives: (i) the training of research administrators, and (ii) enhancing global research collaboration. This program is intended to reduce barriers to global research administration and create an administrative environment conducive to global research collaboration. There is an ever increasing amount of global research collaboration, and this fellowship hopes to create a pool of individuals who are able to interpret a multitude of various sponsor requirements and assist their institution with administrative compliance – from application submission through financial reporting and closeout.
The program will provide an opportunity for research administrators to travel to another country's research organization and to immerse themselves in a program of mutual learning and knowledge exchange. NCURA will support up to $2,000 in travel costs, and Fellows are expected to pass on their experiences and knowledge of how research administration management operates at their institution, identify best practices and local knowledge of the host institution, and to respect all appropriate organizational rules and cultural practices.
If your institution is interested in serving as a Host Institution for a Global Fellowship, please see the Host Institution webpage.
1. Application Deadline: September 2nd, 2019 (due by 11:59pm EDT / UTC-5 hours)
2. On-line Application Form
3. Submission E-mail for Letter of Institution Support and Resume/CV only: email@example.com
4. List of Host Institutions
• Time Period for the Two-Week Fellowship: between Jan 2020 – Dec 2020
• Number of Awards: 8
• Funding Amount: USD $2,000 (additional costs will be borne by the Fellow or the Fellow’s institution)
*****Not eligible to apply if applicant had been selected as a fellow within past 3 years.*****
• Minimum 5 years of experience in research administration.
• Minimum 5 years of active membership in NCURA. This can be waived if the applicant’s own institution agrees to serve as a Host Institution for a future NCURA Global Fellow.
• Institutional support as demonstrated by a Letter of Commitment from the applicant’s institutional leadership.
• Credentials and the ability to travel outside the applicant’s own country.
• National-level research administration experience
• International research administration experience
• Quality of the statement of interest
• If applicant is applying to more than 1 Fellowship, NCURA will only select the applicant for 1 fellowship program
• List of Past Fellows
• Aug 2014 NCURA Magazine Article on Fellowship Experience
• Apr 2019 NCURA Magazine Article about Global Fellowship Anniversary
Claire Chen, Senior Manager, Senior NCURA Global (firstname.lastname@example.org / +1-202-466-3894)
Mende Thuji Yangden, Program Assistant NCURA Global (email@example.com / +1-202-655-7255)
Elizabeth Demski, Director of Sponsored Research at Wellesley College speaks of her experience in Cape Peninsula University of Technology in Capetown, South Africa