Home | About Us | Regions | Career Center | Collaborate
Number of Fellows
1) Minimum 5 years of experience in research administration.
2) Minimum 5 years of active membership in NCURA. This can be waived if the applicant’s own institution agrees to serve as a Host Institution for a future NCURA Global Fellow.
3) Institutional support as demonstrated by a Letter of Commitment from the applicant’s institutional leadership.
4) Credentials and the ability to travel outside the applicant’s own country.
Selection Criteria (as of 2019)
NCURA - ARMS
NCURA - EARMA
NCURA - SARIMA
NCURA – EF
About the NCURA Fellowship Programs
The NCURA Fellowship programs are a joint initiative between NCURA and our sister research administration organizations as well as between our U.S. Regions and the International Region. The Fellowship programs have two underlying objectives: (i) the training of research administrators, and (ii) enhancing global research collaboration. These programs are intended to reduce barriers to global research administration and create an administrative framework conducive to global research collaboration. There is an ever increasing amount of global research collaboration, and these Fellowships aim to create a pool of individuals who are able to interpret a multitude of various sponsor requirements and assist their institution with administrative compliance on a global scale – from application submission through financial reporting and closeout.
These Fellowship programs will provide an opportunity for research administrators to travel to another country's research organization and to immerse themselves in a program of mutual learning and knowledge exchange. NCURA will support up to USD $2,000 in travel costs, and Fellows are expected to pass on their experiences and knowledge of how research administration management operates at their institution, to identify best practices and the local knowledge of their Host Institutions, and to respect all appropriate organizational rules and cultural practices.
If your institution is interested in serving as a Host Institution for a Fellow, see the Host Institution webpage.
General Fellowship Information
The 2019-2020 NCURA Fellowship application is now closed. Please check back in 2020.
(1) Online Application Form
(2) Submission E-mail for Letter of Institutional Support and Resume/CV only: email@example.com
*****Not eligible to apply if applicant had been selected as a Fellow within the past 3 years. *****
· Minimum 5 years of experience in research administration.
· Minimum 5 years of active membership in NCURA. This can be waived if the applicant’s own institution agrees to serve as a Host Institution for a future NCURA Global Fellow.
· Institutional support as demonstrated by a Letter of Commitment from the applicant’s institutional leadership.
· Credentials and the ability to travel outside the applicant’s own country.
· International research administration experience
· National research administration experience
· References (has to be NCURA members)
· Quality of the statement of interest
· If applicant is applying to more than 1 Fellowship type, NCURA will select the applicant for no more than 1 Fellowship type
· List of Past Fellows
· Aug 2014 NCURA Magazine Article on Fellowship Experience
. Apr 2019 NCURA Magazine Article on the Fellowship's 10th Year anniversary
1. Can I apply for more than one Fellowship type at a time?
Yes. You can apply for multiple Fellowship types; however, if you are applying to more than one Fellowship, NCURA will select you for no more than 1 Fellowship type at any given time. Once you have been selected for a Fellowship, you will not be eligible to.
2. If I have been a Fellow in a previous year, when am I eligible to apply for a Fellowship again in the future?
You will be eligible to apply for a fellowship after 3 years. For example, if you have been selected as a 2016 Fellow, you can apply again in 2019 to be a 2020 Fellow.
3. Is there a limit on how many times I can apply to be a Fellow?
No, but if you have been selected as a Fellow within the past 3 years, you are not eligible to be selected.
Claire Chen, Senior Manager, Global Initiatives (firstname.lastname@example.org / +1-202-466-3894)
Mende Yangden, Program Assistant, Global Initiatives (email@example.com / +1-202-655-7255)