Home | About Us | Regions | Career Center | Collaborate
About the EARMA-NCURA Fellowship Program
The EARMA-NCURA Fellowship program is a joint initiative between NCURA and our sister organization EARMA (European Association of Research Managers and Administrators). This and other Fellowship programs have two underlying objectives: (i) the training of research administrators, and (ii) enhancing global research collaboration. This program is intended to reduce barriers to global research administration and create an administrative framework conducive to global research collaboration. There is an ever increasing amount of global research collaboration, and these Fellowships aim to create a pool of individuals who are able to interpret a multitude of various sponsor requirements and assist their institution with administrative compliance on a global scale – from application submission through financial reporting and closeout.
The EARMA-NCURA Fellowship program will provide an opportunity for research administrators to travel to Europe's research organizations and to immerse themselves in a program of mutual learning and knowledge exchange. NCURA will support up to USD $2,000 in travel costs, and Fellows are expected to pass on their experiences and knowledge of how research administration management operates at their institution, to become acquainted with best practices and the local knowledge of their Host Institutions, and to respect all appropriate organizational rules and cultural practices.
If your institution is interested in serving as a Host Institution for a Fellow from EARMA or from another country, see the Host Institution webpage.
EARMA represents the community of Research Managers and Administrators (RM&As) in Europe. The members work in industry, academia, and the public and private sectors. They work with the European Commission, national, and international funding agencies. EARMA provides a networking forum, a learning platform, and a place to share experiences and best practice among RM&As throughout EARMA and in the wider RM&A community.
EARMA is an active member of the wider international RM&A community and is a founding member of the International Network of Research Management Societies (INORMS)
· Application Deadline: September 17, 2018 (due by 11:59pm EDT / UTC-5 hours)
· On-line Application Form
· Submission E-mail for Letter of Institution Support and Resume/CV only: firstname.lastname@example.org
· List of Host Institutions
· Time Period for the Two-Week Fellowship: between January 2019 – December 2019
· Number of Awards: 2
· Funding Amount: USD $2,000 (additional costs will be borne by the Fellow or the Fellow’s institution)
*****Not eligible to apply if applicant had been selected as an NCURA Fellow within the past 3 years. *****
· Minimum 5 years of experience in research administration.
· Minimum 5 years of active membership in NCURA. This can be waived if the applicant’s own institution agrees to serve as a Host Institution for a future NCURA Global Fellow.
· Institutional support as demonstrated by a Letter of Commitment from the applicant’s institutional leadership.
· Credentials and the ability to travel outside the applicant’s own country.
· International research administration experience
· Quality of the statement of interest
· If applicant is applying to more than 1 Fellowship type, NCURA will select the applicant for no more than 1 Fellowship type
· List of Past Fellows
· Aug 2014 NCURA Magazine Article on Fellowship Experience
· Claire Chen, Manager, NCURA Global (email@example.com / +1-202-466-3894)