The Vice Chair assists the Chair as directed by the Chair and performs the duties of the Chair when the Chair cannot. The Vice Chair serves a one-year term and succeeds to N&LDC Chair for one year.
DURATION: Two years.
- Function of Position - The Vice Chair works with the Chair and Committee in development and implementation of nominating and leadership development programs that support the mission of NCURA.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities & % Time Devoted - Much of the Committee’s work is accomplished through e-mail and telephone communication throughout the year. In addition, the committee meets in person up to two times per year. Approximately 5-8 hours per month, averaged across a year, can be anticipated.
- Leadership - Proven skills in leading committees and task forces.
- Knowledge and/or Skills - Thorough understanding of the NCURA organization and its governance. Knowledgeable of talented individuals within NCURA. Good understanding of issues concerning diversity and leadership development.
- Education and/or Experience - Prior service on this committee and/or service on the National Board of Directors, required. Should have broad understanding of the field of research administration. Prior NCURA volunteer service in a responsible position.
- Training and Support - Strong support from the NCURA staff.
- Additional Information (Benefits, Cost Reimbursement, Travel Requirements, etc) - All travel costs reimbursed for those meetings not held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting.
- NCURA Awards – Current National officers (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer) and NCURA Standing Committee (FMC, NLDC and PDC) Chairs and Vice Chairs are ineligible for nomination for an NCURA Outstanding Achievement in Research Administration Award or for a Distinguished Service Award.
- National Officer/Board positions: The Vice Chair and Chair of the NLDC are normally not considered for nomination for a National Officer or Board position during their terms as Vice Chair or Chair of the NLDC.
For further information on this position, contact staff liaison Emily Ainsworth at email@example.com.
Please send completed applications to 2016NLDC@ncura.edu