The Catherine Core Minority Travel Award supports travel-related costs to the NCURA Annual Meeting for up to four individuals from under represented groups who would not otherwise be able to attend this conference. The awardees receive up to $1,500 toward travel expenses associated with attending the Annual Meeting. The awardees’ institution/organization is responsible for the Annual Meeting registration fee. The criteria for selection are as follows:
- Be engaged in the administration of sponsored programs for a minimum of one year;
- Represent one of the following minority classifications: African American, Hispanic, American Indian or Alaskan Native, Asian or Pacific Islander;
- Never have attended an NCURA national meeting;
- Agree to stay at the host hotel for the duration of the meeting and be responsible for making own room and travel reservations; and
- Agree to submit a report on his/her annual meeting experiences within thirty (30) days of the meeting.
TThis year's call for nominations is now closed.
Who is Catherine Core?
For many years, Catherine was an active and respected member of NCURA. She recognized that financial considerations was one of the reasons why minority research administrators frequently could not take full advantage of the benefits of NCURA membership. Through her leadership, NCURA developed our minority travel award program. In 1998, the program was named to honor the woman most responsible for helping it to happen.
For inquiries regarding this award contact Emily Ainsworth at 202.466.3894 or email@example.com.