Directed Education brings the senior research administrator's expertise to your institution to provide targeted education about a particular NCURA Standard that is critical to helping you build a solid research administration infrastructure and to manage risk. Unlike the NCURA Traveling or On-Campus Workshops that provide education across a broad scope, the directed education is tailored to a specific topic or need.
As an institution identifies high risk or emerging areas, the directed education allows the appropriate staff and stakeholders to attend an educational offering in a half-day or full-day format at the institution. This education is focused on a specific topic to provide in-depth coverage. Some topics might include:
- Basics of export controls and crafting export control programs
- cost sharing
- time and effort reporting
- establishing policies and key processes surrounding policies
- funding searches, analyzing sponsor information, and providing faculty services
- contracting terms and negotiations
- cost accounting standards
This service is tailored to the needs of the institution and is flexible in responding to a range of institutional needs.
To explore how the NCURA Directed Education service can assist you, contact Peggy Lowry, Director for NCURA Peer Programs: NCURA Peer Advisory Services and Peer Review Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 364-1847.