This Fellowship application is currently closed, please check back later in 2017.
About the NCURA-EF Fellowship Program
The NCURA-EF Fellowship program is a joint initiative between NCURA and the Eurasia Foundation. This new Fellowship program has two underlying objectives: (i) the training of research administrators, and (ii) enhancing research collaboration between the U.S. and Russia. This program is intended to reduce barriers to global research administration and create an administrative environment conducive to global research collaboration. There is an ever increasing amount of global research collaboration, and this fellowship hopes to create a pool of individuals who are able to interpret a multitude of various sponsor requirements and assist their institution with administrative compliance – from application submission through financial reporting and closeout.
The program will provide an opportunity for U.S.-based research administrators to travel to a Host Institution in Russia to undertake a program of mutual learning and knowledge exchange. NCURA will support up to USD$2,000 in travel costs, and Fellows are expected to pass on their experiences and knowledge of how research administration management operates at their institution, identify best practices and local knowledge of the host institution, and to respect all appropriate organizational rules and cultural practices.
Application Deadline: This Fellowship application is currently closed.
(1) Online Application Form
(2) Submission E-mail for Letter of Institutional Support and Resume/CV only: email@example.com
Once your application is complete, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you have completed your application but have not received a confirmation e-mail, please notify Jesse Szeto (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Claire Chen (email@example.com).
Eurasia Foundation Host Institutions
The New Economics School
The European University in St. Petersburg
The Moscow School of Social and Economic Sciences
Moscow State University of Railway Engineering (MIIT)
University of Tyumen
Time Period for the Two-Week Fellowship: between Jan 2017 – May 2017
Number of Awards: 2
Funding Amount: USD $2,000 (additional costs will be borne by the Fellow or the Fellow’s institution)
*****Not eligible to apply if applicant had been selected as a fellow within past 3 years.*****
- Only U.S.-based NCURA members are eligible for this Fellowship.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in research administration.
- Minimum 5 years of active membership in NCURA. This can be waived if the applicant’s own institution agrees to serve as a Host Institution for a future Fellow.
- Institutional support as demonstrated by a Letter of Commitment from the applicant’s institutional leadership.
- Credentials and the ability to travel outside the applicant’s own country.
- International research administration experience
- Quality of the statement of interest
- If applicant is applying to more than 1 Fellowship, NCURA will only select the applicant for 1 Fellowship program
List of Past NCURA Fellows
Aug 2014 NCURA Magazine Article on Fellowship Experience
Jesse Szeto, Director, NCURA Global (firstname.lastname@example.org / +1-202-466-3894)
Claire Chen, Staff Associate, NCURA Global (email@example.com / +1-202-466-3894)