** This Fellowship Program is currently closed, please check back again later this year. **
About the ARMS-NCURA Fellowship Program
The ARMS-NCURA Fellowship program is a joint initiative between NCURA and the Australasia Research Management Society (ARMS). The Fellowship program has two underlying objectives: (i) the training of research administrators, and (ii) enhancing research collaboration between the U.S. and the countries in the Australasia region. This program is intended to reduce barriers to global research administration and create an administrative environment conducive to global research collaboration. There is an ever increasing amount of global research collaboration, and this fellowship hopes to create a pool of individuals who are able to interpret a multitude of various sponsor requirements and assist their institution with administrative compliance – from application submission through financial reporting and closeout.
The program will provide an opportunity for U.S.-based research administrators to travel to a Host Institution in the Australasia region to undertake a program of mutual learning and knowledge exchange. NCURA will support up to USD$2,000 in travel costs, and Fellows are expected to pass on their experiences and knowledge of how research administration management operates at their institution, identify best practices and local knowledge of the host institution, and to respect all appropriate organizational rules and cultural practices.
This Fellowship application is currently closed.
(1) Online Application Form
(2) Submission E-mail for Letter of Institutional Support and Resume/CV only: email@example.com
Once your application is complete, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you have completed your application but have not received a confirmation e-mail, please notify Jesse Szeto or Claire Chen.
ARMS Host Institutions
Please see the complete list of ARMS Host Institutions here
Time Period for the Two-Week Fellowship: between Jan 2017 – Dec 2017
Number of Awards: 2
Funding Amount: USD $2,000 (additional costs will be borne by the Fellow or the Fellow’s institution)
*****Not eligible to apply if applicant had been selected as a fellow within past 3 years.*****
- Only U.S.-based NCURA members are eligible for this Fellowship.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in research administration.
- Minimum 5 years of active membership in NCURA. This can be waived if the applicant’s own institution agrees to serve as a Host Institution for a future Fellow.
- Institutional support as demonstrated by a Letter of Commitment from the applicant’s institutional leadership.
- Credentials and the ability to travel outside the applicant’s own country.
- International research administration experience
- Quality of the statement of interest
- If applicant is applying to more than 1 Fellowship, NCURA will only select the applicant for 1 Fellowship program
2016 ARMS-NCURA Fellows
3 2016 ARMS Fellows who was hosted by NCURA institutions in the U.S.
List of Past NCURA Fellows
Aug 2014 NCURA Magazine Article on Fellowship Experience
Jesse Szeto, Director, NCURA Global (firstname.lastname@example.org / +1-202-466-3894)
Claire Chen, Staff Associate, NCURA Global (email@example.com / +1-202-466-3894)