Home | About Us | Regions | Career Center | Collaborate
The NCURA Education Scholarship Fund (ESF) is an expression of NCURA's commitment to the development of research administrators. The Fund was established to provide support to members who seek graduate education in research administration.
The Education Scholarship Fund (ESF) is now awarding $2500 scholarship(s) to research administrators who have been NCURA members for at least one year and who are currently enrolled in a graduate degree program in research administration.
The deadline for applications is February 23, 2018.
· The applicant must be enrolled in a master’s degree program in research administration, or with a concentration in research administration.
· The applicant must be an NCURA member in good standing for at least one year at the time of the application submission and must remain a member throughout the duration of the scholarship award use.
· Applicants must complete the form and upload attachments.
· Scholarship awards must be used within twelve (12) months from notification of award.
· Recipients must provide proof of completion and receipt of academic credit within six months after completion; otherwise, the funds must be returned to NCURA.
How To Apply:
Click Apply Now and complete the following questions.
· Does your employer have a tuition grant, remission, or reimbursement program for staff? If yes, explain what support is available. Include amount per year, duration, and conditions of use.
· At which University are you enrolled?
· University contact information for payment remission (Name, Email, Phone)
· In what degree program are you enrolled (e.g. MS in RA)?
Then provide the following attachments:
· Proof of enrollment
· Current resume (up to two pages) that also includes NCURA past and current involvement
· Statement as to why you are seeking a degree in research administration and the importance of the scholarship for your career (500-1000 words).
Review criteria include the applicant’s personal statement, record of past and current NCURA involvement, and access to employer-based educational support. Members of the Education Scholarship Fund Select Committee will review and score applications. The Committee will then recommend selected applicants to the NCURA Board of Directors for confirmation. The Board will review the Committee’s recommendations and vote to approve awardees.
In April, the Education Scholarship Fund Select Committee Chair will notify applicants of the results. NCURA will begin working with selected recipients to disperse scholarships.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Latasha Johnson, NCURA Education Scholarship Fund Select Committee Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Scholarship Fund Select Committee
David Smelser, University of Tennessee
Jill Frankenfield, University of Maryland College Park
Tolise Dailey, University of Colorado at Boulder
Gai Doran, Yale University
Laura Letbetter, Georgia State University
Robyn Remotigue, University of North Texas Health Sci Center at Fort Worth
Krista Roznovsky, Stanford University
Shannon Sutton, Western Illinois University
Bryony Wakefield, The University of Melbourne
Gale Yamada, University of Hawaii at Manoa
Bonniejean Zitski, University of Wisconsin Madison